Moscow – Germany’s national team took a 0-1 defeat of Mexico in the inaugural match Group F World Cup 2018. Panzer Team record in the opening game finally broken.
Germany was forced to surrender by Mexico when playing at Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow, Sunday (17/06/2018). El Tri scored single goal Hirving Lozano in the first round of action.
Defending champion 2014 World Cup failed to reply throughout the game. Though many created chances, Joachim Loew’s inevitable defeat of troops.
For Germany, the defeat of Mexico made them swallow again in the World Cup opener, since the last time it felt in 1982. At that time, they lost 1-2 from Algeria.
As for Mexico, victory over Germany makes Javier Hernandez et al maintain statistics okay. The following data and facts from Germany vs Mexico as released Opta:
– Germany lost in the opening match of the World Cup for the first time, since the last time it felt in the 1982 World Cup. When Germany lost 1-2 from Algeria.
– Of the four German defeats in the opening match, they can still get away from the group phase.
– Germany lost for the first time in the group phase of a tournament since 2010. 13 games from the group phase, in both the World Cup, the European Cup and the Confederations Cup, are always passed with victory.
– Germany always conceded in the last six games. In addition, Die Mannschaft also only won once from his last seven games.
– Only Spain who previously lost in the opening match of the World Cup, but can come out to be champions. It happened at the 2010 World Cup.
– Defeating Germany to make Mexico can win six opening matches at the World Cup.
– Mexico have always scored in 13 World Cup matches against European continental teams, since the last failed game against Norway in 1994.
– Mexico also only lost three times from 13 World Cup matches against European teams. The rest, they won and each draw five times.
– Mexican player Rafael Marquez now has a record appearance in five World Cups, matching compatriot Antonio Carbajal and German legend Lothar Matthaus.
– Marquez, who played against Germany at the age of 39 years 124 days, became the oldest Mexican player to appear in the World Cup.
– Marquez is now the fourth oldest player to play in the World Cup in history, after Roger Milla (42 years 39 days), Angel Labruna (39 years 260 days), and Stanley Matthews (39 years 145 days)