France successfully frustrate Peru in the second match of Group C World Cup 2018. Besides qualifying for the big 16, Les Bleus proved his superiority over the Latin American team.
France won 1-0 over Peru at Yekaterinburg Arena, Yekaterinburg on Thursday (21/06/2018). Kylian Mbappe scored the winning goal in the first half.
Also read: Subdue Peru 1-0, France qualify for the last 16
The result was enough to pass the French to the last 16 of the World Cup. Tim Ayam Jago strolled with two wins, after previously bending Australia 2-1.
While Peru must be eliminated because it has lost twice in the group phase. Previously they lost 0-1 from Denmark.
For France, the victory is not just to get them into the last 16. Beating Peru is proof of France is quite superior when facing the team of Latin America. Peru, on the other hand, recorded some unfavorable statistics on this defeat.
Here’s the data and facts of France vs Peru match as released by Opta
– France qualify for the last 16 of the 2018 World Cup.
– France can win Group C if unbeaten against Denmark in the last group phase match.
– France won their second World Cup match for the third time. Two victories in the inaugural match previously won at the World Cup in 1998 and 2014.
– France have won five of their last six matches.
– France has also not conceded from open play in five World Cup matches.
– France can record clean sheets in their last seven World Cup matches against Latin American teams. Finally they conceded against Brazil in the 1986 World Cup.
– Peru are still without a win in its last eight World Cup matches, with details of two draws and six defeats.
– The 0-1 defeat of France left Peru out of the 2018 World Cup. Peru have already lost to Denmark 0-1.
– Peru have lost three consecutive times at the World Cup for the first time. Finally they felt it in the 1978 World Cup, when Peru lost three times in the second round of group phase.
– Peru suffered defeat in its opening two World Cup matches for the second time. The first took place in the 1930 World Cup.
– Peru failed to score in his last three games for the first time. Finally they feel it in the period March-June 2011.
– Peru also lost the streak for the first time, having last felt it in October 2015.
– 10 of 22 2018 World Cup matches so far ended with a 1-0 score.