Argentina are currently in second place on one point after reaching a draw against Iceland in the first party. While Croatia grabbed full points after a 2-0 win over Nigeria.
Argentina game against.
Here are seven important notes ahead of Argentina’s match against Croatia quoted from Opta:
1. Argentina and Croatia have met four times with a record of two wins for Team Tango and one victory for Croatia. The only duel in the World Cup between the two countries occurred in the 1998 World Cup when Argentina won 1-0 through a single goal Mauricio Pineda.
2. Croatia never lost while undergoing their second match at the World Cup. In four matches, Croatia won three and earned a draw.
3. Lionel Messi always scored in two matches against Croatia, namely the 2-3 defeat in 2006 and a 2-1 victory in 2014.
4. Victory over Argentina will ensure Croatia move towards the round of 16 of the World Cup in 2006.
5. Croatia always lose in four meetings against South American representatives in the World Cup.
6. Croatia has long not felt a two-game winning streak in the World Cup. The last time Croatia felt it was in 1998 when they won 1-0 over Romania in the last 16 and 3-0 over Germany in the quarter-finals.
7. Sergio Aguero has an interesting record ahead of the match against Croatia. The Manchester City striker scored three goals in three international matches in Russia and scored four goals in his last four games with Argentina.