Captain and British national team bomber Harry Kane became the hero of the Three Lions victory over Tunisia. Tottenham Hotspur striker who bought two goals in the first round of England’s World Cup victory in 2018.
Quoted from Opta, here are some interesting examples after England’s dramatic win over Tunisia:
1. Harry Kane became the first player since Diego Forlan (vs. South Africa at the 2010 World Cup) who scored two different goalkeepers in one World Cup game.
2. England’s national team for the first time in history to score in the 90+ minute in normal World Cup matches.
3. Harry Kane is now collecting 15 goals from 25 appearances with the England team. The last player to score more than Kane in 25 initial appearances with England is Gary Lineker (20 goals).
4. Harry Kane scored the first major international goal with England after 15 attempts (13 in the 2016 European Cup, two in the 2018 World Cup).
5. England have six shots on target in the first half, the highest number of the Three Lions in the first round of World Cup matches since against Portugal in the semifinals of 1966.
6. The Ferjani Sassi goal was the first penalty to lodge against England in the normal World Cup match against Argentina (a goal before Gabriel Batistuta) in June 1998.