Leno is the recruitment of both Arsenal’s new manager, Unai Emery. Previously, the London Cannon got Stephan Lichtsteiner from Juventus for free.
European media say that Leno’s transfer is worth 22 million euros. The price makes the 26-year-old goalkeeper the sixth most expensive goalkeeper.
Leno passes the transfer value of Samir Handanovic, Sebastian Frey, and Angelo Peruzzi. The price of the German goalkeeper is currently parallel to David De Gea when moving from Atletico Madrid to Manchester United in 2011.
Here’s a list of the top 10 most expensive goalkeepers in the world:
1. Gianluigi Buffon: from Parma to Juventus (€ 51.6 million)
2. Ederson: from Benfica to Manchester City (€ 40 million)
3. Jordan Pickford: from Sunderland to Everton (€ 28.5 million)
4. Francesco Toldo: from Fiorentina to Inter (€ 28.4 million)
5. Manuel Neuer: from Schalke to Bayern Munich (€ 24 million)
6. David De Gea: from Atletico Madrid to Manchester United (€ 22 million)
6. Bernd Leno: from Bayer Leverkusen to Arsenal (€ 22 million)
8. Angelo Peruzzi: from Inter to Lazio (€ 20.6 million)
8. Sebastian Frey: from Inter to Parma (€ 20.6 million)
10. Samir Handanovic: from Udinese to Inter (€ 19 million)